We have an opportunity for a person willing to take his or her career to the next level by joining a startup company in the rapidly growing environmental space. Power Knot sells into five continents with the majority of product sold outside of USA. We have established distribution around the world, are profitable, are the market leader in this type of product, and are expanding rapidly.
We need an assembly technician who can undertake the following tasks:
- Assemble, adjust, and verify all LFC mechanical aspects. Includes bearings, motors, gearboxes, chains, etc.
- Assemble LFC plumbing and test with water to ensure there are no leaks.
Wire LFC motors and machines and test for operation.
- Unpack, pack, and ship the machines. Modify existing crates or make new crates as required.
- Other warehouse duties as required.
We will provide complete training if you don’t have the skills in any of the functions.
Must be able to operate from work instructions (written and verbal) in English
Skill Requirements (depending on your abilities)
- Must be conversant with the metric system of measurements (kg, mm, and metre)
- Must be capable of operating a pallet jack
- Must be capable of using a variety of mechanical hand tools
- Must be capable of using a variety of power tools, including screwdrivers, saws, grinders,
- and drills
- Have the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 15 kg
- Ability to work with wood to disassemble and assemble wooden crates
- Must be able to climb ladders, step ladders, and work at heights of 1.5 m or higher
- Work in area with the rear door open and without air conditioning
- Perform limited, intermittent physical exertion, and be able to work on knees or climbing
- Work under conditions with some distraction due to occasional exposure to noise, dust,
- heat, odors, or chemicals, glues, and inks
- Perform work around and with pallet jacks, hoists, and forklifts
- Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years of related mechanical assembly experience
- Ability to read operation sheets and blueprints
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and tapes, and use
- basic math formulae and charts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- May be required to push, pull, and reach for extended periods
- Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands
- Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern
- symmetry and proper alignment
- May be exposed to some or all of the following: water, fumes, dust, toxic or caustic
- chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts, and moderate to loud noise levels
- Must wear steel cap shoes at all times, to be provided by yourself
- Must wear other appropriate protective gear and clothing as necessary
- Shall be flexible to work in various departments based on demand needs
- Have knowledge of basic computer functions